TM Agricultural Soil Activator
If you want healthy pasture then you need healthy soil which allows the plants to uptake the minerals (fertiliser) that have been applied. TM Agricultural Soil Activator gets the soil biology working, allowing you to achieve optimum growth and nutrient rich plant life.
TM Agricultural Soil Activator is available in 1, 5 and 10 litre containers. Please contact us for pricing.
What is TM Agricultural Soil Activator?
Soil scientists around the world generally agree that soil biology is the "engine room of the soil". Soil biology is responsible for recycling nutrients, converting elements including atmospheric nitrogen and stable but unavailable forms of phosphorus into forms that are plant available, breaking down toxins, both man-made and natural. These biological processes sustain life as we know it.
TM Agricultural is an organic registered (click here for Bio Gro certificate) soil ameliorant designed to kick-start and increase beneficial biological activity in the soil, beginning with the bacteria and fungi that all other soil life depends on. Although TM Agricultural contains natural trace nutrients, it's primary aim is to stimulate the vast array of indigenous soil organisms to do their work.
TM Agricultural is extracted from all natural sources (plant extracts mainly from wheat & barley) and remains in a natural state. The method of extraction is proprietary and completely safe with no chemicals used in its manufacture.
How TM Agricultural Soil Activator Works
- Activates native biology in the soil including fungi, bacteria and protozoa.
- Activated biology starts to aerate and improve the soil structure.
- Bacteria "glue" small soil particles together to form larger particles (aggregates).
- Larger aggregates enable the soil to hold oxygen and water and allow easier root penetration, which allows water to soak through the soil profile - less waterlogging.
- Plant residues, organic matter and carbon forms breakdown qicker with increased microbial activity.
- Increases the availability of locked up nutrients.
- Improves fertiliser efficiency.
Why Use TM Agricultural Soil Activator?
- Poor soil conditions have lead to many of today's agricultural problems and unnecessary expenses.
- Compacted hard soils with low oxygen, poor water absorption, nutrient lock up and low biological activity promote disease, pests and higher input costs.
- TM Agricultural is formulated to restore soil health and balance.
- In nature plants form a symbiotic relationship with the biota of the soil. Fungi and bacteria supply the plant with nutrition and in exchange the plant supplies carbohydrates, root exudates etc. to the surrounding fungi and bacteria.
- TM Agricultural has been formulated from these plant root exudates that stimulate microbes in the soil which have gone into dormancy.
- TM Agricultural helps to promote aerated soil with high oxygen levels, excellent water absorption and holding capacity.
- Healthy soils enable the inputs being used to be more effective with greater efficiency. The goal is to help producers grow healthy, high quaility pasture and produce with reduced inputs and less financial risk.
Healthy Soil, Healthy Animals
TM-treated paddocks produce plants that are high in mineral content and carbohydrates. This is key for animal health and production. Animals do not eat to fill up, they eat for vitamins and minerals. Animals grazing on high mineral plants eat less dry matter, spend less time and energy grazing and gain more weight. This has many advantages. A high mineral diet means a more content animal with reductions in runs, snots, scours, lice, birthing problems, milk fever etc. In essence, the animal becomes as healthy and balanced as the soil.
Benefits of Healthy Soil
- Rich in organic matter.
- Higher crop yield.
- Soil rich in nutrients and, robust crops that are less susceptible to disease and pests.
- Reduced costs for fungicides and pesticides
- Greater water absorption and moisture retention.
- Soil that is less susceptible to erosion and runoff.
- Aerated soil that is not compacted and hard. This reduces fuel costs and wear and tear on machinery.
TM Agricultural Soil Activator Facts and Usage Guidelines
- TM Agricultural is an organic soil rejuvenator, it is certified with Biogro. It was designed for broad-acre cropping and pastures, but can be used on all soils supporting plant life.
- TM Agricultural helps produce healthy, balanced soils that allow for reduced fertiliser inputs and high-quality production.
- TM Agricultural is a liquid product; it is tank mixable with liquid fertilisers and most chemicals and does not block sprayer screens or jets.
- TM Agricultural is applied to the soil at 250ml/ha and can be mixed with herbicides. Typically sprayed from a boom spray, Field Broadcast Spray Nozzle or any aerial means.
- TM Agricultural should be ideally applied after cutting or grazing to maximize soil contact and applied at 250ml/ha. A second application is ideal following the next cutting or grazing at 250ml/ha.
- For best results in established pasture TM Agricultural should be applied during a rain event or 24 hours before rain to allow the TM to get into the soil. Animals should be grazed in the sprayed pasture no less than 5 days after applying to allow time for TM to start working on the soil.
- TM Agricultural is compatible with most herbicides and insecticides and has no withholding period for animals.
- For best results apply TM at 250ml/ha 2-8 weeks prior to planting or sowing with adequate soil moisture.
- A second application is recommended at 250ml/ha in crop with post emergent herbicides.
Up to two applications of TM Agricultural annually is recommended.