Kieserite is a naturally occurring mineral that is chemically known as Magnesium Sulfate Monohydrate. It is mined from geologic marine deposits and provides a soluble source of both Magnesium (Mg – 16%) and Sulphur (S – 16%) for plant nutrition. It comes in creamy brown/white uneven sized granules ranging in size between 2.5 – 4.0mm.
- Is typically used in cropping, horticulture, market gardening, and for maize production.
- Is an effective Magnesium and Sulphur source for all crops and in all types of soil regardless of soil pH.
- Contains Magnesium and Sulphur in water soluble forms which are readily available to the plant.
Selenium is a trace element which is essential for animals but not for plants. In animals, Se is
important for the immune system and also for the thyroid gland.
Click here to view article by Soiltech Soil Scientist, Dave McKie MAgSc (Hons).
Sulphate of Potash (Potassium Sulphate)
Benefits of Sulphate of Potash:
- Provides potassium to crops sensitive to chloride and salt.
- Contains a low salt index helping to avoid the plant taking up excess water.
- Encourages flowering and fruiting on plants and vegetables.
- Mixes well with all other fertilisers.
Application rates and advice:
Actual spreading rates will vary according to farm type, climate, productivity and soil type.
Home gardens: Apply 50-100 grams per square metre and water in.
As with most solid fertilisers, Sulphate of Potash can be stored over a season as long as it is kept in a cool, dry, well ventilated area.
Atomic Sulphur also known as Flowers of Sulphur, Brimstone.
Suitable for animal and garden use.
Available in bags sized up to 25 kg, minimum order quantity is 1 kg.